Highlights (aka TL;DR)
- Software Engineer @ Google in Mountain View, CA (USA)
- PhD graduate in Computer Science @ Purdue University, with Prof. Elisa Bertino
- Research interests in Information Security, focusing on privacy and security techniques for mobile devices and sensor networks
- Expertise in Web & Cloud dev/architecture + graphic design & UX
- Co-founder of two startups and a design studio; technical speaker for Microsoft and private companies
- Passionate about stand-up comedy and music
I am a Software Engineer at Google in Mountain View, CA.
I obtained my PhD from the Department of Computer Science at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN), advised by prof. Elisa Bertino. I am a member of the Center for Education and Research in Information Assurance and Security (CERIAS) at Purdue. I had experience as both Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant.
Prior to joining Purdue, I obtained my B.Sc. (2010) and M.Sc. (2013) in Computer Science Engineering, both summa cum laude, from the University of Roma Tre (Rome, Italy). My Master’s advisor was prof. Paolo Merialdo.
For three years, I was a technical speaker for Microsoft Academic, giving talks about Web & Cloud and Windows 8 development in Italian universities and important national conferences.
I have also been delivering technical training for companies and writing technical and non-technical contents for many online magazines.
Areas of interest and expertise:
Human-Device Interactions for Internet of Things, Machine Learning, Web development and Cloud Computing, Graphic design & Typography
Stand-up comedy, innovation, startups and entrepreneurship, music.